If you’ve never heard of overnight oats before, let me give you a quick little introduction.
I HATE oats… but with Kai-Nechtan’s milk demand goes up, I am very well aware that it is one of the healthiest ways to promote milk production. (Yes, I did say milk production, because some days I do feel like a glorified milk cow wearing a mommy badge)
Overnight oats are a no-cook method of making oats. Instead of cooking your oats with liquid on the stove or in the microwave, you mix rolled oats with the liquid and other mix-ins, and let it hang out in your fridge overnight.
In the morning, you have a pudding-like porridge that is perfect for easy grab-and-go breakfasts. It doesn’t have the same texture as hot/stove-top oats. It’s creamier, denser, and in my opinion, so much tastier. If I have to eat oats, I’d rather take a jar of overnight oats over cooked oats any day!
Our base recipe
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup (heaping) rolled oats
- 2/3 cup unsweetened milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons of Herbalife F1 Shake Powder*
- Pinch of salt
- 0–2 tablespoons honey
* The Herbalife F1 Shake is an added extra. We add this because this meal replacement shake is a fully balanced meal, with 18g of protein and 24 vitamins and minerals. At the moment we are all looking to build lean muscle mass rather than lose more weight.
* For weight loss purposes I would replace the 2/3 cup of milk with 1 scoop of Herblaife PDM mixed into 2/3 cup of water. I would also replace the Greek yogurt with low fat, plain yogurt.
- Whisk together all ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Spoon into a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Close and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight before eating.